In IIoT applications, data integration plays a very important role, to achieve data integration, it’s essential that communication between onsite machines and upper layer data management systems (SCADA, ERP…etc.) is seamless, however, in factories where very often each controller uses a different communication protocol, data integration is challenging.
With more than 20 years of experience of HMI development, the Weintek R&D Team have released the IIoT Smart Communication Gateway: cMT-G01 as a solution for data transfer and integration in the IIoT. With in-built de-facto standard IIoT protocols, MQTT and OPC UA and the ability to process data just as a conventional HMI would, cMT-G01 provides Protocol Integration of many different controllers, allowing Data Acquisition and Analysis from onsite machines, Secure Data Transmission to upper layer data management systems, and Real-time Event/Alarm Notification. cMT-G01 can upgrade your factory to a SmartFactory.
- Protocol Integration: Unlike other many other communication gateway products, cMT-G01 can communicate with more than 300 brands of controllers, and transmit all controller data to SCADA or ERP systems. cMT-G01 integrates multiple control devices.
- Data Acquisition and Analysis: cMT-G01 is equipped with the data acquisition and analysis functions of an HMI (e.g. store event log…etc.). It can not only implement Data Transfer (e.g. recipe data…etc.) between devices, but also runs Macro to perform arithmetical and logical operations, and to convert raw data into meaningful information. In addition, cMT-G01 supports Scheduler that will trigger events at a specified time.
- Secure Data Transmission: The two major IIoT protocols, MQTT and OPC UA are built in to cMT-G01 & support TLS/SSL certificate system for transmitting data securely from onsite machines to upper layer systems. When accessing remote devices via the cMT-G01 with EasyAccess 2.0, the VPN channel provided by EA2 is encrypted with TLS/SSL ensuring data integrity and protection against hackers.
- Real-time Event/Alarm Notification: cMT-G01 can send emails users about the operation status of their onsite machines, and use MQTT Publish function to send updated data or messages to immediately notify subscribed users. With EasyAccess 2.0 Push Notification function, users can also receive immediate notifications about the operation status of onsite machines, which greatly improves efficiency and reduces the loss caused by unplanned machine downtime.
- High Performance: Equipped with RISC-based Cortex-A8 600MHz CPU, cMT-G01 is very compact and energy efficient. cMT-G01 has rich communication interfaces: Gigabit Ethernet port and RS-232 / RS-485 Serial port, to meet diverse application requirements.
- Remote Access: cMT-G01 supports remote access service: EasyAccess 2.0. The cMT-G01 installed in the factory can be accessed by users in a remote location, enabling users to obtain operation status of onsite machines, maintain controllers connected to cMT-G01.
- Diversified Protocol Gateways: cMT-G01 supports Modbus protocol. With cMT-G01 performing protocol conversion, upper management system can access any cMT-G01-attached controller simply by Modbus TCP/IP. In addition, the built-in MQTT Server / Client and OPC UA Server on cMT-G01 enable easy integration of distinct onsite devices, and facilitate data transfer to the upper layer SCADA or ERP systems.
- User-defined Macros: cMT-G01 can run user-defined Macros to perform Logical / Arithmetical operations and System Tag determination. This capability gives users with complete operational status of onsite machines, furthermore, Macros support Conversion Tag, which is used to scale, calculate or convert linear or non-linear data into meaningful data automatically.
- Upgrade existing devices to connect to IIoT: With cMT-G01, conventional HMIs that do not support MQTT or OPC UA, all onsite machines’ data can be transmitted using MQTT or OPC UA protocols to the upper layer management system such as SCADA or ERP.