Profibus DL205 I/O base controller (H2-PBC)
If you are using a Profibus controller network, the DL205 I/O sub-system can help reduce the cost of your overall application. The H2-PBC module allows the micro-modular DL205 I/O sub-system to be linked with a Profibus master controller. Profibus is a control bus that provides a common method to connect automation equipment with devices on a single network and significantly reduces hardwiring costs. Profibus provides specifications for information exchanged between nodes, such as controller data associated with low level device and configuration parameters that are individually related to system operations.
The H2-PBC module is a Profibus slave, which can be plugged into the CPU slot of the DL205 micro-modular family of I/O bases. The module reports all identification data, diagnostic information, and parameters that control the module operation. The H2-PBC module scans and reports all discrete and analog I/O data to a Profibus Master. The AC externally-powered DL205 I/O base units contain a 24 VDC, 0.3 A power supply for simple wiring of sensors and actuators into the DL205 I/O modules, and for controlling them with a Profibus Master. Using our Profibus I/O sub-system will increase installation flexibility and save on wiring costs. The H2-PBC module supports all DL205 discrete and analog I/O modules and the H2-CTRIO module.
The Profibus Slave Base Controller also offers the following:
- Cost-effectiveness: Hardwiring cost is reduced with a single network for devices.
- Easy connectivity: Low-cost installation is easy to implement and maintain.
- Diagnostics: Advanced error diagnostics not commonly available in traditional systems are supported.
- High baud rates: Baud rates bring response time down to 10 ms per device.
- LED indicators: Provide quick indication of DL205 power and operating mode.