Flexible Portable Power Cord - Type W (portable power cable)
Type W Flexible Power Cable - 2000 VAC, 8 AWG
These portable multiconductor power cables can be used in a variety of industrial environments both indoors and outdoors. Typical applications for these flexible power cables include wiring for industrial machinery, large appliances, heavy duty tools, motors, mining cable and temporary electrical power and lighting for construction sites.
These portable cords are also referred to as: Type W cable, mining cable, cable power cord, flexible power cable, hard service cord, hard usage cord, multiconductor cable or 4-wire power cable.
- CPE cord (chlorinated polyethelene), 90°C (194°F), 2000 VAC maximum
- 8 AWG multiconductor cable
- 4-wire power cable configuration
- 10, 20, 25, 50, 75, 100, 150 and 250 ft. coil/spool lengths
- Stands up to severe environmental conditions
- Excellent flexibility and impact resistance
- Resistant to exposure to oil, acid, alkalies, heat, moisture and most chemicals
- Power cable core is bound for superior flexibility and toughness
- Conductors: Extra flexible, fully annealed, stranded, bare copper
- Insulation: Premium-grade, color-coded, 90°C (194°F) EPDM (Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer)
- Jacket: Black Rubber CPE (chlorinated polyethylene), 90°C (194°F)
- Temperature range: -40°C to 90°C (-40°F to 194°F)
Type W Cable - Flexible Portable Power Cord Overview
- UL Standard 62 for Flexible Power Cords File No. E46194
- CSA standard 22.2 No. 49 for Flexible Power Cords. CSA File No. 224650. Meets CSA FT-2.
- MIL Spec: JC 580B
- Meets Mine Safety and Health Admin (MSHA) flame resistance for mining applications
- RoHS compliant