HS Counter & Motion Controller module (H2-CTRIO)
The H2-CTRIO module is used in motion control (pulse-profile & speed), and high speed positioning (counting) applications. It accepts 100KHz pulse/quadrature input signals from encoders and sensors, with discrete high speed outputs for direct monitoring, alarm, or control functions. It also has built-in high speed pulse profiles, such as Trapezoid, S-Curve, Symmetrical S-Curve and Home-Search, and can operate in various output modes such as Dynamic Positioning and Dynamic Velocity for a wide range of motion control applications. The CTRIO module has its own microprocessor and operates asynchronously with respect to the CPU. This means that on-board outputs respond in real time to incoming signals so there is no delay waiting for the CPU to scan I/O. The CTRIO module is designed to work with incremental encoders or other field devices that send pulse outputs.
Typical Counter Applications:
- High-speed cut to length operations using encoder input
- Pick-and-place or indexing functions controlling a stepper drive
- Dynamic registration for web material control
- Accurate frequency counting for speed control with onboard scaling
- Positioning (e.g. flying punch)
- PLS - programmable limit switch functions for packaging, glueing or labeling
- Stepper motor drive control
- Accurate valve position control
- Rate monitoring for speed and/or flow
The CTRIO modules offer the following I/O features:
All scaling and configuration is done via CTRIO Workbench, a Windows software utility. This eliminates the need for ladder programming to set up the module. CTRIO Workbench runs under Windows 98/ 2000/ XP and NT 4.0 SP5 or later.
- 8 DC sink/source 100 KHz inputs, 9-30 VDC, for 2 quadrature encoders up/down counters, or 4 single channel up counters, plus 4 high-speed discrete inputs for Reset, Inhibit or Capture
- 4 isolated sink/source DC outputs, 5-30 VDC, 1 A per point, for 4 independently configurable high-speed discrete outputs, or 2 independant pulse and direction or cw/ccw channels for pulse train control (20 Hz - 25 KHz per channel)
Multiple H2-CTRIO modules can reside in the same base provided that the backplane power budget is adequate.
You can use the H2-CTRIO module with D2-240, D2-250(-1) and D2-260 CPUs. The module plugs into any I/O slot of any DirectLOGIC 205 base except slot 0. (It is not supported in expansion bases at this time.)
You can use the H2-CTRIO module with the DL205 WinPLCs (H2-WPLC*-**). The module plugs into any I/O slot of any DirectLOGIC 205 base.
PC-based control systems
The CTRIO modules can be used in H2-EBC based I/O systems.
ERM to EBC systems
The H2-CTRIO modules are supported in the EBC slaves in H*-ERM systems. This includes the currently supported DL205 CPUs.
NOTE: The CTRIO modules are not supported in D2-RSSS remote I/O bases.
MADE IN USA HS: 8537.10Click on images for more info...