DataWorx PLC- Ethernet Data Collection Software
Before DataWorx, it was necessary to purchase an OPC/ DDE server, write code or buy a Human Machine Interface (HMI) package to program, in order to collect data from our PACs/PLCs/WinPLCs. Now, the DataWorx data logger software makes it simple and cost effective to easily collect valuable process control data to enable you to make better business decisions.
The DataWorx data logger software package easily connects your Ethernet-enabled Productivity3000 programmable automation controllers (PACs), DirectLOGIC programmable logic controllers (PLCs), or WinPLCs, to standalone PCs or network servers for simple data logging. Select either the DataWorx PLC Data Logger, the DataWorx WinPLC Data Logger, or the DataWorx Productivity3000 Data logger software based upon the device from which you are collecting data.
The DataWorx P3K Server's primary function is to listen to devices and either record the data into a database or read from a database. DataWorx enables each device to directly perform database operations. Connect with any Microsoft Access, SQL or ODBC compatible server.
Benefits of DataWorx Data Logging Software
- Easy setup
- No SCADA software required
- Stores unlimited amounts of data
- Can receive data from an unlimited number of DirectLOGIC PLCs, or Think & Do Studio or Think & Do Live! WinPLCs
- DirectLOGIC PLCs, or Think & Do Studio or Think & Do Live! WinPLCs have complete control of storing the data
- DataWorx PK3 Software connects any networked Productivity3000 PAC system to a supported database
- Log valuable production data to networked PCs or file servers for Statistical Process Control decision making
- Archive test data in a secure server file location with built-in date/ time stamping features to satisfy quality assurance or audit trail requirements
- Use in data acquisition applications as source content for historical trending to be used by ERP or other higher level business system applications
- Transferring, updating and retrieving data into or from a network database.
|DataWorx Server||DataWorx Monitor|
- The DataWorx data logging software packages include a Server application that runs as a Microsoft Windows “service”. Running as a service means the DataWorx program runs regardless if anyone is presently logged-in on the PC or not.
- Another advantage of the Server running as a service is that the user does not need to manually start the logging every time the computer restarts. The application “listens” for information from the PAC/PLC/WinPLC and logs the data into a file configured from the Monitoring application.
- The Server is capable of collecting an unlimited amount of data from an unlimited number of PACs/PLCs/WinPLCs.
- The Monitor application included in the DataWorx package configures the Server’s file creation cycle, and PAC/PLC/WinPLC listings. The Monitor also allows you to view or save the data files stored on the Server.
- Data files can be opened and viewed in Notepad, Excel, or another chosen program. You may choose to create files on a daily, monthly, or yearly basis. You can view the various reports that are stored on the server for each PLC/ WinPLC.
- The Monitor application is able to conveniently run from any PC that is networked with the Server.
Further details are available below: The above files each install as an unregistered demo version of the complete DataWorx software package. Demo functionality is limited to 30 minutes of data collection per session. Demo installations include full documentation and example PLC programs.